Pain comes into my view
And makes itself known.
I cry out in pain and
Sigh because the
Sun is the cause
of the headaches.
The sight of the light
Makes me scream
And I writhe on the floor.
I can't do anything but
Take an aspirin
An I won't indulge.
I will not indulge
in the crutch of
Though I would feel
Much better for it.
I know the satisfaction
would be fleeting.
Viktoria Lilith's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Headache by Viktoria Lilith )
- A Touch of Fall (Revised), Rhonda Trull
- Life Is, Rhonda Trull
- WOMAN'S WOE, vidyut chakraborty
- أطفال الحب العظيم, مالك حداد
- وتمتمت الزهرة, مالك حداد
- Have You Ever Walked Alone In The Woods?, Kyle Schlicher
- على المنضدة, مالك حداد
- Trusting God, Tom Zart
- إني أكتب لأكون جديرا بأمي, مالك حداد
- صور, مالك حداد
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)