I can look into your eyes and try to find honesty
But honesty is something I'm not sure I can define.
Honesty is the truth.
We hide so many things from one another
In hopes to make ourselves a more likeable being
But in doing that we are creating lies.
Walking lies, that's what we are.
Honesty means nothing anymore,
Those considered the most honest of people hide things unimagined
And create a realm where there is no such thing as honesty
all in an attempt to maintain the title of 'honest'
Nobody is the person they say they are.
Granted some are more honest than others,
but pure honesty has died long ago.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Honesty by Sierra Staten )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- To Be A Poet Traced Stepping Stones, Terence G. Craddock
- Where Are The People Who Say They Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Cryptic Revealed Smile Enigmatic Eye Awa.., Terence G. Craddock
- X, Midnights Voice
- Drone .....[little SPY 'fly-by'; definit.., Bri Edwards
- Opposite People, Tony Adah
- The Exception Perception Has, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- You Know, Whats-his-name, Lawrence Beck
- Isis: Syria and Iraq, do something!, Rachel Nichols
- THE POOR PEOPLE AND THEIR POVERTY الفقرا.., MOHAMMAD SKATI