I can look into your eyes and try to find honesty
But honesty is something I'm not sure I can define.
Honesty is the truth.
We hide so many things from one another
In hopes to make ourselves a more likeable being
But in doing that we are creating lies.
Walking lies, that's what we are.
Honesty means nothing anymore,
Those considered the most honest of people hide things unimagined
And create a realm where there is no such thing as honesty
all in an attempt to maintain the title of 'honest'
Nobody is the person they say they are.
Granted some are more honest than others,
but pure honesty has died long ago.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Honesty by Sierra Staten )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- State Of Terror, Naveed Akram
- صرخة ألم, Sossi Khachadourian
- chibok girls, ademola oluwabusayo
- Inaudible Words, Naveed Akram
- Russell's Loss, Paul Hartal
- Truth Lies - Kid's Stuff -howtobuilddefe.., sEaN nOrTh
- The Man I Met, Buxton Shippy
- The Penance Of Unguarded Selfishness., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Plants Hurt, Naveed Akram
- My love for my birth land, binod bastola