How Love Is Rejected
Waves crash uncontrollably into the barricades,
the protection put up by the ignorant.
They believe in evil coming from all different shades
and miss the beauty coming on the wind in the form of a single lint.
Hearts beat feverishly in times of emotion and tears,
but feelings is not what love is truly about.
They believe its about feelings that nears,
but misplaced faith just causes a human to become taut.
His confusion becomes evident,
when he disregards that which is most precious.
For a youthful mistress classified as flamboyant.
After a while he will realise her motives are insidious.
His mind will ponder back to the jewel he left in ashes.
Guilt and sorrow will arise and unsavoury habits begin.
Whilst he lay with his mistress, he will see flashes,
of when his heart was full and there was no wineskin.
In isolation he would allow the tears to run down his cheeks,
but in company he would wear the mask of deception.
He found that his first jewel still has many mystiques.
Yet he will never be able to leave the void of built up dispassion.
The curse of not understanding love,
It causes many misinterpreted meanings.
Love is no feeling, emotion or some magical angel from above.
It is found through loyalty, suffering and remnants of memories.
Amelia Murray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (How Love Is Rejected by Amelia Murray )
- One glass one heart, Abdullah alHemaidy
- ABOUT ABELA, Terry Collett
- Autumn Leave, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Roses, Jerusha Melanie
- Circumstances and I, gajanan mishra
- sleep tight in Idaho tonight, Mandolyn ...
- Beauty of the world is ruined, Jerusha Melanie
- Clean and cleanliness, gajanan mishra
- Holding You Tight, Michael McParland
- I'm bored with it all., gulsher JOHN
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Alone, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)