I am a Rock
Ah! What globe that keeps this glebe
Where is my childhood? Was I, a dweeb?
Thou; Poverty arrow, shot on my stomach,
Maimed heart, be calm, aches, don’t ache
Saved mind and thought from imbroglio
Ye Life! Making me a book, with these folio
I welcome thy treat, here I gratefully greet
O grief! I’ll drink thy hemlock without bleat
Every moment I had, pain or joy, is a sheaf
Thought without bleeding eyes, I don’t belief
What am I? Tied with the time? Nope!
I am a rock, full of hope without a dope
O death! My baby, my cruel guest, I never fear
As I lost my childhood and Bahar; listen dear
I am ready to lose this body without delay
My faith; stiff, a cliff, so the soul except clay
O my glebe of this globe, will you accept me?
Seen my childhood, my box must see, I prithee.
Aftab Alam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I am a Rock by Aftab Alam )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Enchanted Evening, The Princess
- Into The Past, Randy McClave
- Got The Feeling, Arthur Moore
- When I am alone, gajanan mishra
- Off To War, Randy McClave
- Woman's right to her child, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Which make one's beauty?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Independence Day of India 2014 (in acros.., Dr John Celes
- Bitter-Sweet Memories, Matthias Pantaleon
- Friend 2, Neela Nath