I Can't Escape From Here
Drowning in the despair of my mind,
peace of soul I cannot find.
Demons are raging inside of me,
break my cage and set me free.
Trapped in a vicious game called life,
Sending only pain, loss, and strife.
Maybe one day I can leave this place,
I will be gone, without a trace.
I have no one to leave behind,
free of the war inside my mind.
We wanted to live not suffer,
All our hopes and dreams were smothered.
We're all living, quietly bleeding,
suffering here, painfully breathing.
Nothing to live for, nothing to lose,
years and years of constant abuse,
All this pain will come to an end,
All these wounds that just won't mend.
Scared of this life, I can't carry on,
Crying out loud, but my voice is gone.
Impossible to love, impossible to care,
In this broken land, there's no one there.
With bloody wrists and tearstains, I fall to the floor,
damaged at the heart, which they gladly tore.
Life is too painful, I can't live like this anymore.
Kathy Liu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Can't Escape From Here by Kathy Liu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Final Page, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Hermit, Neela Nath
- Drink Me In, Susan Lacovara
- Rainbowing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- To stop myself from; running to you, Mark Heathcote
- Legitimate Company Goes Boom Bust Dust, Terence G. Craddock
- With least humanity, hasmukh amathalal
- Precisely In Love, Edgar Andrade Baguio
- Small Investors Naive Get Burned, Terence G. Craddock
- Ssshhh-e Does It!, Edgar Andrade Baguio