I Didn't Mean Too
If I had a rose for every sorry,
I'd have picked a whole field.
I'm sorry for all I have put you through,
All I can say is thank you,
For the good times you gave me.
I'm sorry for lying,
Now I can't stop crying,
I feel like I'm dying,
I can't stop trying,
To get you back.
And hold you in my arms,
Your face against my chest,
I'm so blessed,
To ever know you.
I want to hold you,
But most of all,
I want to always be with you,
I wish you could see,
How much I still like you.
You put my heart back together,
You promised me,
You would be with me forever.
Jacob Gifford's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Didn't Mean Too by Jacob Gifford )
- High Rollers, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Nightmares at your feet, Nikola Pajtic
- Dying roosters, Nikola Pajtic
- Narcissus, Mark Heathcote
- Birthday, bryan wallace
- My Jason Lytle Suggestion, Mark R. Elias
- Poetic Aspirations, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Nappy Change, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Holding Closely, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Rock an' Roller, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Heather Burns