I Didn't Mean Too
If I had a rose for every sorry,
I'd have picked a whole field.
I'm sorry for all I have put you through,
All I can say is thank you,
For the good times you gave me.
I'm sorry for lying,
Now I can't stop crying,
I feel like I'm dying,
I can't stop trying,
To get you back.
And hold you in my arms,
Your face against my chest,
I'm so blessed,
To ever know you.
I want to hold you,
But most of all,
I want to always be with you,
I wish you could see,
How much I still like you.
You put my heart back together,
You promised me,
You would be with me forever.
Jacob Gifford's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Didn't Mean Too by Jacob Gifford )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- My Coquette Moon, Guillermo Veloso
- Compose yourself my sweet-pea flower, Mark Heathcote
- Darker Flowers, Guillermo Veloso
- Two crashed bicycles?, Mark Heathcote
- Poetic injustices, Mark Heathcote
- Sleigh bells and flowery beds, Mark Heathcote
- Beautiful Angel Who Endlessly Glows, Rohit Sapra
- On The Clock, Nika McGuin
- Forever Broken, Kelly Shanks
- Smeared in blood … 1712-14, saadat tahir