I Fell In Love With A Man
I saw him at the other table,
The cafe having another busy day,
And I knew it was love.
His eye caught mine,
And I smiled,
My heart going crazy with desire.
I walked up to him and spoke,
I greeted him with a friendly hello,
A smile and an easy joke.
Things moved forward,
And how I loved that first kiss,
His love always on my wish list.
His looks, personality and love of life,
Got me hooked instantly,
For I fell in love with a man.
I knew that people could only dream,
What we have so surreal,
But also very real.
He is my friend, my lover, my confidant,
He released my fears,
And he is never a stranger.
He comforts me in difficult times,
He makes the turning of the pages of time,
Easier to deal with.
What we have is unique,
And shall last forever,
His love opening this heart.
And my heart feels passion with a fever,
My body temperature burning with desire,
My glamorous heels only too happy to walk,
With the man I fell in love with.
Paula Glynn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Fell In Love With A Man by Paula Glynn )
- Cups of Coffee in Autumn, Rocky Lizardi.Brown
- Beauty Never Lasts, Bareerah Bilal
- The Trail of the Snail, Frank Weedings
- Limerick-66, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- winter nights, lee fones
- The Raging Fire, Jasbir Chatterjee
- Veni, Vidi, Vici, Jasbir Chatterjee
- Escape to Freedom, Bareerah Bilal
- - White Buffalo -, Joe Muschaweck
- Plants are Soul of Earth, Rohit Sapra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)