I Like to remain in the childhood I left
I Like to hear those lullaby from mother’s lap.
I Like to float in the abundant blue sky,
I Like to stay in the wood, listening whistling pine.
I Like to play with the colors in canvas,
I Like to walk in the meadows green lush
I Like to sing smile and listening my heart.
I Like to listen to Beethoven, Mozart.
I Like to be drenched in love with my sweet heart
I Like to respond to her fervent gesture.
I Like to weave a magic–net in the dream,
I Like to have a beautiful tiny love – nest.
I Like to be free from any pain and agony
I Like to see the earth very kind and friendly.
I Like to see this globe with brotherhood
I Like to be all of us … so glad and graceful.
Amitava Sur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I Llike: by Amitava Sur )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Allegorose: Children - Life's Most Preci.., Dr John Celes
- Mandelstam's Ghost Returns Too Early, mary douglas
- OUR MOSQUES ARE GREAT PLACES, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Blue Distances Don't Make Me Cry the Way.., mary douglas
- Capture the Beauty, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- 'My true love', Wolfie Scott
- I Am the True Giselle She Said, She Did .., mary douglas
- Azul, mary douglas
- My Revenge, John Ugolo Umah
- 'Savior', Wolfie Scott