I'm The Scaredycat Weaker Sex But
I am a real scaredy cat
and there's absolutely nothing that
I could do about that.
I'm scared of 'roaches
I'm scared of rats
I'm scared of spiders
and afraid of bats
I fear all arachnids
and I fear those gnats
Oh I fear all the kinds I find
of those creepy crawly brats!
And but what can I do about that?
Huh and who woudn't fear
a midnight rat-a-tat?
So I've resigned myself to being
a lifelong scaredy cat.
Yeah and I'm scared of heights
Scared of noises at night
Gah, I'm really quick to fright!
I'm scared of grasshoppers and even of dogs
Gosh there's hardly a thing that I ain't scared of.
But I admit I am a timid tigress
otherwise I'm a harmless human who don't hurt a fly
Normally just a normal lady, a humble poetess
I attack only when provoked to the limits
so as I'm a cat after all
I do show my tiger claws if the situation demands
or else I don't mind chickening out
of aggressive and foolhardy involvements.
And maybe if everybody was a coward like me
they wouldn't hurt each other with sheer brutality.
I guess for ladies it's not so bad to be
a bit more cowardly
In any case that's far better than being
a ruffian who's dastardly!
And oh, lastly but not the least
ah yes, I also greatly fear
any lustful male leer
I'd rather I'm invisible to their view
So I really find huge refuge
in the dear divine idea that exhorts me to
to drape and wrap myself from top to toe
in flowing garbs when I step outdoors
and that veiling attire does make me brave
as I feel vulnerable no more
and that's when I feel the transformation from lil kitty
into the big cats
from scaredy cat to formidable tigress
and that's when for once there's NOTHING I fear anymore! :)
as I go out veiled in soft armour from top to toe.
S.zaynub Kamoonpuri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I'm The Scaredycat Weaker Sex But by S.zaynub Kamoonpuri )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Kazi Nazrul Islam
(24 May 1899 - 29 August 1976)
(1330 - 1390)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Moonlit Night, Tu Fu
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- A Semester Night, Muhammad Sarim Ashrafi
- Lonely all the time, Kelly Shanks
- A New Year Prayer of Blessings, Paul Sebastian
- Haiku 10 (A Flower Stands), Paul Sebastian
- Life Goes Clockwise, But..., Richard Blay
- Face the Wind, Paul Sebastian
- The three happy men are in the world, no.., Yuri Starostin
- Far away stare, Cee Bea
- N.D.F.B. Lai katna jau, Pankazz koirala Upadhayaya
- Ayandolu, Olufayo Ezekiel