They play in every space they can find!
That bring fun and pleasure to their untainted soul!
If I could retrieve my innocence!
I give my soul that which was!
These games I play!
Are they so innocent now?
The question is,
Is there innocence in the world?
We flow on denial and hope of that which is not real!
Like a game of chess!
Mixing and mingling has gone beyond that which is real!
Innocence broken down!
Am I a part of it!
Do I have a choice in everything?
That which I want is gone!
Gone with the Birds and the Queen bee!
How long can I hold on?
I keep holding on to that which I know will never be!
The odds have turned!
Can one change a player?
One can only change one self!
I play Oh yes!
My kind of game!
I remove that which takes innocence away!
Flencirose Basera's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Play! by Flencirose Basera )
- Fun never runs out!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The Passing Winds, Tex T Sarnie
- Too Few Words, Tex T Sarnie
- Wake up!, Md. Asadullah
- viper kiss, aaron jimenez
- बहाना/ Bahaanaa, Aftab Alam
- a dream, jaquesha webb
- I Go Far to Fetch the Truth, with Hope, Aftab Alam
- One a.m., Susan Lacovara
- The War Against Lopping, douglas scotney
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)