They play in every space they can find!
That bring fun and pleasure to their untainted soul!
If I could retrieve my innocence!
I give my soul that which was!
These games I play!
Are they so innocent now?
The question is,
Is there innocence in the world?
We flow on denial and hope of that which is not real!
Like a game of chess!
Mixing and mingling has gone beyond that which is real!
Innocence broken down!
Am I a part of it!
Do I have a choice in everything?
That which I want is gone!
Gone with the Birds and the Queen bee!
How long can I hold on?
I keep holding on to that which I know will never be!
The odds have turned!
Can one change a player?
One can only change one self!
I play Oh yes!
My kind of game!
I remove that which takes innocence away!
Flencirose Basera's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Play! by Flencirose Basera )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
James Russell Lowell
(22 February 1819 – 12 August 1891)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Sense Of Being Directionless, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Desert, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Living on, The Princess is
- Gesture Of Tiredness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- at home..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- This Soul's Interior Particles, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Soul's Interior Particles, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Total Encompassing Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Notes Of Sadness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Living With Shadows, RoseAnn V. Shawiak