They play in every space they can find!
That bring fun and pleasure to their untainted soul!
If I could retrieve my innocence!
I give my soul that which was!
These games I play!
Are they so innocent now?
The question is,
Is there innocence in the world?
We flow on denial and hope of that which is not real!
Like a game of chess!
Mixing and mingling has gone beyond that which is real!
Innocence broken down!
Am I a part of it!
Do I have a choice in everything?
That which I want is gone!
Gone with the Birds and the Queen bee!
How long can I hold on?
I keep holding on to that which I know will never be!
The odds have turned!
Can one change a player?
One can only change one self!
I play Oh yes!
My kind of game!
I remove that which takes innocence away!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Play! by Flencirose Basera )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- My Hill, Jack Meads
- i wore it out, Mandolyn Davidson
- do you love this?, Mandolyn Davidson
- Verbal Abuse Of Controlling People, Lilly Emery
- Into the rain, Tom Squires
- Come, Come... ~~~Rumi, LUVinThe NOW
- missing the exit, Mandolyn Davidson
- Retirement, Ruth Walters
- Abs to Heart, Lonnie Hicks
- Better New Days, Rinji Kwarkas