They play in every space they can find!
That bring fun and pleasure to their untainted soul!
If I could retrieve my innocence!
I give my soul that which was!
These games I play!
Are they so innocent now?
The question is,
Is there innocence in the world?
We flow on denial and hope of that which is not real!
Like a game of chess!
Mixing and mingling has gone beyond that which is real!
Innocence broken down!
Am I a part of it!
Do I have a choice in everything?
That which I want is gone!
Gone with the Birds and the Queen bee!
How long can I hold on?
I keep holding on to that which I know will never be!
The odds have turned!
Can one change a player?
One can only change one self!
I play Oh yes!
My kind of game!
I remove that which takes innocence away!
Flencirose Basera's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Play! by Flencirose Basera )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(August 5, 1934)
Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Blue Roses, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- Not A Fairytale, Apolynn Lagaras
- let's worship nothing, forever, Mandolyn ...
- Keep Patience and Stand, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Nothing Seems Right, Andrew Butler
- Seventeen Thoughts, A Lifetime, Kewayne Wadley
- Strangers Welcome, Kewayne Wadley
- What is truth?, Edward Clapham
- A Most Happy Holiday, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Christmas - Christmas, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Cage, Sarvesh wahie