I remember Florida
When you were by my side,
Where the sun was warm
Even at night.
I remember Christmas
when you kept me warm,
We watched cartoons
until I passed out to snore.
I remember being at your house
The lake was always fun,
Even though I always swam
From the boat to the shore.
I remember the Sunday
When my mom said to me,
'Your grandpa isn't well,
He's going to die by Wednesday.'
I remember calling a friend and crying
'Why him? He was a good man! ',
and she comforted me
and told me that I can.
'That I can get through it
Maybe he won't die,
That your dad will come home
and tell you he's fine.'
I was doing my homework,
When dad called and said
'He has told us goodbye.'
I cried on my homework
I cried myself to sleep,
Everytime I saw the necklace you gave me
It would make me weep.
And I went up to your casket
and held your hands one last time
And told you 'I remember'.
Kelsey Joe's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I remember by Kelsey Joe )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(October 27, 1932 – February 11, 1963)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Moonlit Night, Tu Fu
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Haiku A Wizened Rose By Sophy Chen, Sophy Chen
- A Cleaner World, Luis Estable
- A Coronary Relapse, white dove
- When I Die, Luis Estable
- As if I'd Fallen in Its Waves by Sophy.., Sophy Chen
- It Pushes It Out, Luis Estable
- Vatsyayana, You Had No Book To Write, Bu.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Blood Is Never Water, Luis Estable
- I Have Known It Well, Luis Estable
- मुसाफिर हूँ, तेरे दिल में बसेरा मांगता हूँ, Abhishek Omprakash Mishra