I remember Florida
When you were by my side,
Where the sun was warm
Even at night.
I remember Christmas
when you kept me warm,
We watched cartoons
until I passed out to snore.
I remember being at your house
The lake was always fun,
Even though I always swam
From the boat to the shore.
I remember the Sunday
When my mom said to me,
'Your grandpa isn't well,
He's going to die by Wednesday.'
I remember calling a friend and crying
'Why him? He was a good man! ',
and she comforted me
and told me that I can.
'That I can get through it
Maybe he won't die,
That your dad will come home
and tell you he's fine.'
I was doing my homework,
When dad called and said
'He has told us goodbye.'
I cried on my homework
I cried myself to sleep,
Everytime I saw the necklace you gave me
It would make me weep.
And I went up to your casket
and held your hands one last time
And told you 'I remember'.
Kelsey Joe's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I remember by Kelsey Joe )
- Child in Me, Sierra Staten
- Of the Seven Deadly Sins- Jealousy, Emily Liang
- Crashed Thrones, Abby Bilan
- BMO, A.R Evangelista
- Let it remain, hasmukh amathalal
- Miracle over, hasmukh amathalal
- In The Eyes Of The Lord, Tom Zart
- My feelings, hasmukh amathalal
- Real meditation, hasmukh amathalal
- Real bond, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Question, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)