I remember Florida
When you were by my side,
Where the sun was warm
Even at night.
I remember Christmas
when you kept me warm,
We watched cartoons
until I passed out to snore.
I remember being at your house
The lake was always fun,
Even though I always swam
From the boat to the shore.
I remember the Sunday
When my mom said to me,
'Your grandpa isn't well,
He's going to die by Wednesday.'
I remember calling a friend and crying
'Why him? He was a good man! ',
and she comforted me
and told me that I can.
'That I can get through it
Maybe he won't die,
That your dad will come home
and tell you he's fine.'
I was doing my homework,
When dad called and said
'He has told us goodbye.'
I cried on my homework
I cried myself to sleep,
Everytime I saw the necklace you gave me
It would make me weep.
And I went up to your casket
and held your hands one last time
And told you 'I remember'.
Kelsey Joe's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I remember by Kelsey Joe )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- This funny thing called Snow, Angell Afinowi
- One Last Chance, Abby Bilan
- Love Note 9, Michael P. McParland
- Lamentation of the Weak, Abby Bilan
- Love so unkempt..., Kenneth Maswabi
- morning conversation, oskar hansen
- Rescued, Ima Ryma
- Temptation of Xuanwu Lake, Luo Zhihai
- Ghazal: In Silence, Mimi Khalvati
- Awaiting for March, Rimni chakravarty