i blinked my eyelids,
and lo! what i see?
i saw the world's end,
where souls were set free..
i saw the pure entity,
i saw the divine light,
i saw the elysian hoard,
i saw celestial might..
i saw the shimmering sea,
i saw the sheeny pearls,
i saw the glossy sky,
i saw the cloudy purls..
i saw the flowers bloom,
i saw the waterfalls dive,
i saw the monsoons loom,
i saw the life alive..
i saw the sun set,
i saw the sunrise,
i saw the mundane world,
and beyond the paradise..
Suchitra Bandi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I saw.. by Suchitra Bandi )
- Picasso: Pentads, Frank Avon
- Picasso, Frank Avon
- A Dream, Steve Kittell
- Waiting on my time, Gypsy Pain
- Mohabbat kaamil ho gayi, Ahatisham Alam
- Single Dad, louis rams
- A Victim of Love?, Mr. Nobody
- The Ugly Brother, Von Kimball Barney
- Khwaabon ki Haqikat, Ahatisham Alam
- THE BIRTH LAND, Abhishek Kumar Singh
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stafford's Cabin, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)