i blinked my eyelids,
and lo! what i see?
i saw the world's end,
where souls were set free..
i saw the pure entity,
i saw the divine light,
i saw the elysian hoard,
i saw celestial might..
i saw the shimmering sea,
i saw the sheeny pearls,
i saw the glossy sky,
i saw the cloudy purls..
i saw the flowers bloom,
i saw the waterfalls dive,
i saw the monsoons loom,
i saw the life alive..
i saw the sun set,
i saw the sunrise,
i saw the mundane world,
and beyond the paradise..
Suchitra Bandi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I saw.. by Suchitra Bandi )
- COPLA 112 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Birch and Bracken, jim hogg
- History Echoed As A Verse, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Aku dan Februari, Afit Riawan
- Kisah Bunga, Afit Riawan
- You And You, V P Mahur
- आयै अ' आंनि, Ronjoy Brahma
- White Wings, Afit Riawan
- सोदोब, Ronjoy Brahma
- What Should I Comment?, Pintu Mahakul
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Blackberry-Picking, Seamus Heaney
- Disabled, Wilfred Owen
- The Solitary Reaper, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)