i blinked my eyelids,
and lo! what i see?
i saw the world's end,
where souls were set free..
i saw the pure entity,
i saw the divine light,
i saw the elysian hoard,
i saw celestial might..
i saw the shimmering sea,
i saw the sheeny pearls,
i saw the glossy sky,
i saw the cloudy purls..
i saw the flowers bloom,
i saw the waterfalls dive,
i saw the monsoons loom,
i saw the life alive..
i saw the sun set,
i saw the sunrise,
i saw the mundane world,
and beyond the paradise..
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I saw.. by Suchitra Bandi )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Life Is Fine, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- Golden Dreams, Ron Baratono
- Change Of Heart, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Voyage, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj
- Reflected In Mirrors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- zeros and ones, Tajudeen Shah
- Beat Of My Heart, Lydia Cunningham
- Tell - Tale Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Speculative Visions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Allocating Rhythms, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Perfect You, Naomi Mith