A rainy hue..
I was wandering alone,
in a green green glade,
There came a cloud,
a welcome shower it bade..
I was drenched altogether,
but my spirits were kindled,
My nous was stirred and,
my thoughts were spindled..
My heart was filled with bliss,
my soul felt delighted,
I came out of the daze,
and my mind alighted..
I heard a jingle behind me,
a jingle of soft bells,
a go-cart was coming,
up and down the dells..
In it sat my sweet heart,
waving with a smile,
and we both sailed together,
to our comely isle..
Suchitra Bandi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A rainy hue.. by Suchitra Bandi )
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(3 February 1887 - 3 November 1914)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- Palanquin Bearers, Sarojini Naidu
Poem of the Day
- I Want You, I Want You, A Girl Just Like.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Missing You, Gillu Rahul
- Carpe, Doyen Lingua
- The Long Journey... From Tree to Me - Pa.., Jannavi Rout
- Tamarind, M.J. Lemon
- Poetry Or Science? Which Should It Be Gi.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- ain't much a man, Doyen Lingua
- Season Greetings, Babatunde Aremu
- Significant and Sure., Sumita Jetley
- Laluwa Too A Leader, Bijay Kant Dubey