>(This poem was Inspired by the 23rd psalm 'n' the poem Invictus written by William Ernest Henley (1849–1903)
Sore as hell’s depth away from Mercy’s Coast,
The thick clouds of shadows that embraced my Bole.
Through the fierce winds that did me Howl,
I adulate the heavenly Host.
For my undaunted Spirit.
Tore by Situation’s claws Bits by Bit
Tossed by the hurricane of Fate,
My faith falter not nor Quit.
Dealt the violent bout of Bate,
I remain bloodied but unbowed.
Though I sail thru’ Scylla’s Shore
Encompassed by the insidious cohort’s of Fiends
When seduced by life’s slyly Whore
And Squeezed by Treacherous Friends
I shall remain unshaken
It matters not the foe nor the arsenals
I did combat. I am the Architect of my Destiny.
I am the Premier of my Fate when courage leaks ‘n’ defeat gnarls
Though I fail at life’s every scrutiny,
I shall not surrender. The darkest night nor storm beside,
I am the Commander of my Soul.
’Tis not for the Stars nor Chance to will, ‘tis mine to decide
Dave BenOdafe's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I've conquered by Dave BenOdafe )
- Las Mariposas (the Butterflies), John F. McCullagh
- Hindsight coloured, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Practise dispassion., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Reichsbank Gold, Paul Hartal
- Ferguson Grand Jury, Is It Poetry
- The lost bliss, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Sonnet: Christmas,2014(Advance Greetings), Dr John Celes
- Thread of Communication, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Harold Shipman's Crime, Jacob Mikael Matuszczak
- Thank You KP, Michael McParland
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Lament for Zenocrate, Christopher Marlowe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)