>(This poem was Inspired by the 23rd psalm 'n' the poem Invictus written by William Ernest Henley (1849–1903)
Sore as hell’s depth away from Mercy’s Coast,
The thick clouds of shadows that embraced my Bole.
Through the fierce winds that did me Howl,
I adulate the heavenly Host.
For my undaunted Spirit.
Tore by Situation’s claws Bits by Bit
Tossed by the hurricane of Fate,
My faith falter not nor Quit.
Dealt the violent bout of Bate,
I remain bloodied but unbowed.
Though I sail thru’ Scylla’s Shore
Encompassed by the insidious cohort’s of Fiends
When seduced by life’s slyly Whore
And Squeezed by Treacherous Friends
I shall remain unshaken
It matters not the foe nor the arsenals
I did combat. I am the Architect of my Destiny.
I am the Premier of my Fate when courage leaks ‘n’ defeat gnarls
Though I fail at life’s every scrutiny,
I shall not surrender. The darkest night nor storm beside,
I am the Commander of my Soul.
’Tis not for the Stars nor Chance to will, ‘tis mine to decide
Dave BenOdafe's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I've conquered by Dave BenOdafe )
- To My Love, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Scrutinized As Being Abusive, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Sting, Foster Teegarden
- Some Ghoul, Foster Teegarden
- the man of christmas, Faith Taylors
- My Description, Foster Teegarden
- Scared to love you, leanne royle
- Pain, leanne royle
- Human, Foster Teegarden
- Frienship, bryan wallace
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)