If Not For The Dance Which She Alone Can Attempt
Where does the wave rest for the night,
the rushing stream at dusk.
what does my heart beat for,
if not for the dance which she alone can attempt.
Why does the sun bring forth light
the slivery sky play host.
what does my eyes crave for,
if not for the gift which she alone can attempt.
How does the beauty bewitch the knight,
the wise solomon become lost.
what does my tongue thirst for,
if not for the spring which she alone can attempt.
Wish she alone can attempt a smile,
one each for every desert dust.
What does my mind work for
if not for the smile which she alone can attempt.
okoye charles's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If Not For The Dance Which She Alone Can Attempt by okoye charles )
- This is human race, Aftab Alam
- God Bless The Teacher, Enoch Owusu Gyamfi
- Hunger, Kyle Schlicher
- Love don't have no name on it!, Shirley Morgan
- There Was A Time, Kyle Schlicher
- No Such Thing As Handicapped, louis rams
- Here I Am, Kyle Schlicher
- Destroy hunger, gajanan mishra
- Treachery is a Treacherous' Red, Aftab Alam
- I'll Be There, Brandon Ezzard
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 March 1941 -)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)