Let us replant the vision of our youth
nourish and water ideals with dirt truth,
take our wallets out of the stripping malls,
invest our money in wisdom's hallowed halls,
replacing our proclivity for greed
with the actualization of dire need.
I clear my mind and hear the drumming call
pounding poetic beats, freethinkers all,
reading your written emancipation
and imagination proclamation.
Captain Cur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
this poem in my archives. I recommend visiting his page
and giving his poem, Somersault, a tumble. A very
imaginative piece of writing.
Comments about this poem (Imagination Proclamation by Captain Cur )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Soul, John Ugolo Umah
- Are You There?, Michael McParland
- Another Year, Michael McParland
- Another Day, Michael McParland
- Another Christmas, Michael McParland
- Another, Michael McParland
- Anonymous Girl, Michael McParland
- I want to be a serial chiller with you, Mandolyn Davidson
- Upon A Star, Kewayne Wadley
- To my Gurudev...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL