Ramesh T A
IS MARRIAGE A DRAMA?
In the name of culture drama is played to conduct marriage!
Bridegroom embraces priesthood and goes on pilgrimage;
Bride’s father stops and offers him his daughter for marriage!
He ties a yellow thread round her neck with three knots
Pledging security to parents, bride and children before fire
And the married couple lives together till the end of time!
For this event the bride waits for months together in suspense!
In life too if one difficulty is over it’s forgotten in happiness
Not knowing that another difficulty is waiting to be faced soon!
Life goes on with crises and solutions till salvation is attained!
Difficulties, suspenses and solutions at last are quite common;
Despite crises living together by God’s grace is bliss here!
Dramatic cultural life makes one bear joy and sorrow same way
And surmount ocean of life like the ship moves on up and down!
Ramesh T A's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (IS MARRIAGE A DRAMA? by Ramesh T A )
- Father: Every Morning of His Life, Donal Mahoney
- Winter here الشتاء هنا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Inference to All Our Years of Walk, N.K. Trevor
- A Sunny Day, Deborah Eker
- A Rainy Day, Deborah Eker
- The Rabbit With The Habit, Deborah Eker
- The Cat Who Chases His Tail, Deborah Eker
- Mind Unfurling, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Illusion, Myrtle Thomas
- Reverse, Galina Italyanskaya
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- America the Beautiful, Katharine Lee Bates
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)