Just A Hello
I was all ears!
To hear a call from you,
To hear your soft whispers,
To hear your sighs you let go.
To listen to the sweet melody
That used to ring in my ears
Whenever you spoke to me.
Days came and days passed.
Nights came, nights passed.
I heard the breeze gently blow
And the dew droplets caress
The sleeping blades of the grass.
The mournful leaves say good bye
Fall on one another and gently lie.
But yet I didn't hear your call,
Nor did I hear your whisper.
Or the quiet sighs that merged
Gently with the passing breeze.
Even with the noisiest cacophony
And the rowdy crowd all around,
My ears lie in wait for just a hello!
Khairul Ahsan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
02 November 2013
Comments about this poem (Just A Hello by Khairul Ahsan )
Did you read them?
- Nine persons are exempted from the disci.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Why like this?, Somanathan Iyer
- Humans we are!, Somanathan Iyer
- Summer, Naveed Khalid
- Ode To Love II, Naveed Khalid
- Power of Truth, Somanathan Iyer
- To The Moon II, Naveed Khalid
- Night Shadows, glen salem
- The Timeless Cave in the Cliff, David Lewis Paget
- Rainbow in a Puddle, Nalini Chaturvedi