Keeping it Simple.
Affairs of the heart can be weighty,
Demanding our all, suffice to say
If that goes too far we can create
A monster, posing as love, which lays
Down innumerable rules. How to say what,
When to go there, fear is the worst part
Of pseudo-affairs. Sharing forgotten
Simplicity rare, caring departs
And sad hearts know nothing of romance.
Keeping laughter in love begets delight.
Bringing joy to our passion advances
Closeness. Shall we try 'simple' tonight?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Keeping it Simple. by Fay Slimm )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Emotions Kept Inside, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Yehi Karna Hay to Insan Banata Keyun Hay, Akhtar Jawad
- Golden Dreams, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Wind shall blow, hasmukh amathalal
- Turn to flower, hasmukh amathalal
- PH: Life: Growing Up, La! * - Chapter3 (.., Brian Johnston
- Mind Over Matter, david kush
- Don't do anything in a bigger way than t.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Let poetry excel, hasmukh amathalal
- Mama's Black Breast, Ozioma Anieto