Keeping it Simple.
Affairs of the heart can be weighty,
Demanding our all, suffice to say
If that goes too far we can create
A monster, posing as love, which lays
Down innumerable rules. How to say what,
When to go there, fear is the worst part
Of pseudo-affairs. Sharing forgotten
Simplicity rare, caring departs
And sad hearts know nothing of romance.
Keeping laughter in love begets delight.
Bringing joy to our passion advances
Closeness. Shall we try 'simple' tonight?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Keeping it Simple. by Fay Slimm )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Loser, Jason Yu)
- Poetry in Motion, Jason Yu)
- To See It To Experience It For Yourself, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Mother's Bond, Valentine Mbagu
- Beautiful Nubian Goddess, Lore Me34
- Hind haiku (26-30), S.D. TIWARI
- Empathizing With Their Grievances, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Almost timeless, Gert Strydom
- #obamanation, A.j. Binash
- She broke in to me, Gert Strydom