Koko asks for a Kitten
Koko the gorilla saw a kitten,
And was immediately smitten.
"Please be so kind,
To give me him", she signed,
"I'll call him All Ball,
I'm big and he's small."
This male manx,
Got up to all kinds of pranks,
Playing hide and seek,
A sight unique,
Or a merry chase,
With joyful grace.
At this unlikely pair;
A gorilla so smart,
All Ball near her heart.
Such a lovely team,
This mother's dream.
Stephen Katona's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Koko asks for a Kitten by Stephen Katona )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Behind clouds, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Joy, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Life the messenger., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Misconceptions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- JULEKALENDER # IX, Gunnar Mo.
- JULEKALENDER # VI, Gunnar Mo.
- Reflection, Viviana Helianos
- Loveliest friend the life., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Artist, Phil Soar
- Transcending love, Viviana Helianos