Before I Go, Before You Go.
You see a wrinkled 102 year old,
Balanced on the edge of a knife,
Waiting for a puff of wind,
To send me crashing from this life.
But here I am,
Feeling like the 10 year old I used to be,
Ready to fly a kite, jump into a stream,
Go sledging and climb a tree.
I want to surf a big wave,
Be in a hot air balloon up high,
Canoe a waterfall,
See green lights dancing in the sky.
Let me look into the eyes,
Of a dolphin in the sea,
Swimming like close friends,
Each wild and free.
I want to jump from a bridge,
At last I've learnt to hope,
Letting go of life's fears,
To trust a stretchy rope.
Let me ski down a mountain,
Pure and white as a dove,
Hang from a flimsy triangle,
Looking far and wide above.
Are you older than I?
Do your dreams have this range?
Use your days wisely,
It's never too late to change.
Stephen Katona's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Before I Go, Before You Go. by Stephen Katona )
- Good deed, Suresh Dogra
- Problems, maria sudibyo
- Free!, maria sudibyo
- Angst, maria sudibyo
- OTP (One True Pairing), maria sudibyo
- Lost, zheung kyuhkoh
- Fall down, lonely, zheung kyuhkoh
- Mission: Fission Or Fusion, Aftab Alam
- My broken heart Transcends, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Red face, Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)