Before I Go, Before You Go.
You see a wrinkled 102 year old,
Balanced on the edge of a knife,
Waiting for a puff of wind,
To send me crashing from this life.
But here I am,
Feeling like the 10 year old I used to be,
Ready to fly a kite, jump into a stream,
Go sledging and climb a tree.
I want to surf a big wave,
Be in a hot air balloon up high,
Canoe a waterfall,
See green lights dancing in the sky.
Let me look into the eyes,
Of a dolphin in the sea,
Swimming like close friends,
Each wild and free.
I want to jump from a bridge,
At last I've learnt to hope,
Letting go of life's fears,
To trust a stretchy rope.
Let me ski down a mountain,
Pure and white as a dove,
Hang from a flimsy triangle,
Looking far and wide above.
Are you older than I?
Do your dreams have this range?
Use your days wisely,
It's never too late to change.
Stephen Katona's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Before I Go, Before You Go. by Stephen Katona )
Did you read them?
- Take My Things..., Mr. Nobody
- power of youth, maharshi trivedi
- Let the body die, why should I die?, Aftab Alam
- artist, maharshi trivedi
- life of indigent, maharshi trivedi
- I Freaking Hate Beer!, Mr. Nobody
- PROBLEM OF TODAY'S ERA, maharshi trivedi
- FREE FALL, Bironga Chadwick
- Imbalance, Hans Raj Sharma
- Festival Of Light, Amitava Sur
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- One Art, Elizabeth Bishop
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)