Before I Go, Before You Go.
You see a wrinkled 102 year old,
Balanced on the edge of a knife,
Waiting for a puff of wind,
To send me crashing from this life.
But here I am,
Feeling like the 10 year old I used to be,
Ready to fly a kite, jump into a stream,
Go sledging and climb a tree.
I want to surf a big wave,
Be in a hot air balloon up high,
Canoe a waterfall,
See green lights dancing in the sky.
Let me look into the eyes,
Of a dolphin in the sea,
Swimming like close friends,
Each wild and free.
I want to jump from a bridge,
At last I've learnt to hope,
Letting go of life's fears,
To trust a stretchy rope.
Let me ski down a mountain,
Pure and white as a dove,
Hang from a flimsy triangle,
Looking far and wide above.
Are you older than I?
Do your dreams have this range?
Use your days wisely,
It's never too late to change.
Stephen Katona's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Before I Go, Before You Go. by Stephen Katona )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Matilda Who told Lies, and was Burned to.., Hilaire Belloc
Poem of the Day
- I Dream of Her, Olufayo Ezekiel
- I realized why we get hurt, Tiyani Shadrack Manganya
- That fatal day to all, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love Note 10, Michael P. McParland
- Secularism in true sense, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Mark o Connor's ballad of a man from sno.., Juwon Daniel
- you need to know: (, Manauwer Raza
- Solitary song, gajanan mishra
- To Sleep I Go, Michael P. McParland
- Beneath The Joy, Margaret Moran