Before I Go, Before You Go.
You see a wrinkled 102 year old,
Balanced on the edge of a knife,
Waiting for a puff of wind,
To send me crashing from this life.
But here I am,
Feeling like the 10 year old I used to be,
Ready to fly a kite, jump into a stream,
Go sledging and climb a tree.
I want to surf a big wave,
Be in a hot air balloon up high,
Canoe a waterfall,
See green lights dancing in the sky.
Let me look into the eyes,
Of a dolphin in the sea,
Swimming like close friends,
Each wild and free.
I want to jump from a bridge,
At last I've learnt to hope,
Letting go of life's fears,
To trust a stretchy rope.
Let me ski down a mountain,
Pure and white as a dove,
Hang from a flimsy triangle,
Looking far and wide above.
Are you older than I?
Do your dreams have this range?
Use your days wisely,
It's never too late to change.
Stephen Katona's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Before I Go, Before You Go. by Stephen Katona )
- Offer with promises, hasmukh amathalal
- Morning Triku XXV, Steve Kittell
- My Pencil, Steve Kittell
- By The Thames as Late September Night Fa.., Shaun William Hayes
- It Really Ain't So Bad.... In Hell ......., Bri Edwards
- Crushed Cookies...... [HUMOR; SHORT; re.., Bri Edwards
- Where Did Mommy Go, Stephen Morris Jr
- me sisters dog, lee fones
- On Cold Grey Mountain, John Martinez
- I KNEW LOVE, SHARON YAKOWA
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Lost Star, Rabindranath Tagore
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(22 March 1941 -)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)