Terence George Craddock (Spectral Images and Images Of Light)
Legalization Of Waterboarding?
walk not a torturous road to justice?
make not evil lawful within the state
as Nazi Germany did walk not this road
issue no torture warrant to legalize crime
as Nazi Germany legalized mass murder
allow torture to be clinically supervised?
assign observer proper medical monitoring
duty to determine control quality of torture?
guard against torture life-threatening?
duty of trained medical professionals?
officially provide for doctors to treat
the tortured God help this tortured soul
as doctors patch you up to endure more
torture during and after torture ordeal?
would you hang observing head in shame?
George W Bush Loves Waterboarding
George spoke of authorization in memoirs
how his lawyers told him it was legal to
systematically repeatedly drown suspects
innocent but presumed guilty without trial
Amnesty International and Geneva Conventions
disagree with your lawyers ignoring laws George
but my lawyers assured me it benefits our society
but Eve said it was good but Satan said souls will
positively not die thieves are so happy until caught
somebody has stolen right to be tried in impartial court?
right to be held in a prison cell not a humiliation cage?
do you not know sowing hate seeds strengthens enemies?
recruitment soars evil grows holds us at bay by the throat?
Lord is it not written “return evil to no one” it is written!
“Do not avenge yourselves, beloved, but yield place
to the wrath; for it is written: “Vengeance is mine;
I will repay, says Jehovah.” But, “if your enemy is
hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something
to drink; for by doing this you will heap fiery coals upon
his head.” “Do not let yourself be conquered by the evil,
but keep conquering the evil with good.” Romans 12: 17-21.
Copyright © Terence George Craddock
Terence George Craddock (Spectral Images and Images Of Light)'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Legalization Of Waterboarding? by Terence George Craddock (Spectral Images and Images Of Light) )
- The Absurd Nightmare, Jasbir Chatterjee
- Will You Read My Poem, Sir?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Repair a net, Trong Phan
- Jayanta Mahahpatra As An Image-maker, A .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- hindi haiku ghazal chaand, S.D. TIWARI
- Who Really Cares? Does Anything Matter?, Mr. Nobody
- Jashn manaao, Aftab Alam
- Poetry Is Where You Find It X, Frank Avon
- Happiness Is..., Arno Le Roux
- I Never Travelled Alone, Akhtar Jawad
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- The Brook, Alfred Lord Tennyson
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)