Lemuria between South Africa and Australia
The sounds and meanings of colloquial terms
of the rural Tamils in Tamil Nadu, India
and the aboriginal tongues in Australia,
strike the same in many a word.
The word, "pa! …pa..! "(come! Come!) is an example.
Before Lemuria was gulped by the Ocean,
the ancient Tamils roamed in the lands
stretched out from Africa to Australia.
The first tsunami washed out that land.
The inhabitants and their great Classics
had gone into the watery grave.
Ample allusions to deluges are in Tamil poems.
It is not a surprise to see the mix
of the genes of the Tamils and the aborigines.
The stone tools, the fossils of the wild dog
add the clues to this study.
Let the linguists study the syntax and semantics
of their tongues and ancient Tamil Works
to see the bonds between these people.
Matrimonial bureaus will be mushrooming
to wed together the people divided,
some four millennium back.
rajendran muthiah's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lemuria between South Africa and Australia by rajendran muthiah )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Poetic styles, Somanathan Iyer
- Unknown Cat, Somanathan Iyer
- Around us, Somanathan Iyer
- Don't ask certain people what food you h.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Empty Cartridge, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Your Love, abigail sikwenda
- The Missing Feeling, abigail sikwenda
- Lights Off, abigail sikwenda
- Situationships, abigail sikwenda
- Kind leaning, hasmukh amathalal