Let’s Paint the Town (red) Green
Tian Jiamel was caught green handed
She is suspected of defacing Washington D.C.
Was she bumped on her head after her house fell from the sky when her house landed?
Was she attempting to turn it into Emerald City?
First Lincoln statue was defaced,
She must’ve looked at back of a $5 bill
(I wonder if she copied the color scheme)
Then two chapels in the National Cathedral,
Then she vandalized a statue outside the Smithsonian,
What she did was simply unimaginable.
Authorities had a language problem,
Although she diminutive she was not a Munchkin.
Tian Jiamel was she in an AMERICAN GRAFFITI phase?
Crews have removed 90% of the paint, a National Park Service spokesperson said.
The cleanup began with the gentlest methods possible.
'Incrementally stronger products' will be used until all traces of the paint are gone, the spokesperson said.
The cleanup could take several more days.
Joe Rosochacki's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Let’s Paint the Town (red) Green by Joe Rosochacki )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Music is a miracle..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Irresistible Sweetness, kayanja isaac
- Not a journey by train, Stephen Brian Brady
- आंखौ दाबावदे सना, Bahadur Basumatary
- No Choice, Elia Michael
- Bury My Unwillingness, Margaret Alice Second
- An advice, Somanathan Iyer
- Too long, too short, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Its been four months now, Vangile Mtyali
- Word of Poetry, Vangile Mtyali