Subbaraman N V
*Let the year 2k+11 blossom!
Let the year 2k+11 blossom
Ever let it remain green handsome
The world to be at peace and harmony!
Thank God and solicit His kind blessings
High on the agenda a warless world
Ever in joy without any missing
Yearn for pleasant and peaceful world of gold!
Endless peace and progress society needs
All over the world let us sow the seeds
Rear the sprouts until they blossom bold!
Towards the society sans nasty “isms”
World to move without the scourge of schisms
Only the world‘s peace and pleasure at heart
Kindness and compassion – all have to start!
Prosperity to be ensured for all
Leave none to starve and suffer but stand tall
Universal brotherhood sure our goal
Spirit positive, raise their heart and soul!
Endless efforts we need to make for long
Let us all in unison sing a song
Eternal vigilance we have to keep
Very survival of the world rests deep
Entire world to play its role positive
None to fall into the traps negative!
Blessed are those who live, let live noble
Let the voice of the ignoble feeble
Oh, the Lord Almighty! Shower Thy grace
Save the world from global warming we face
Sweet be the coming Year to blossom nice
Over the world let peace and joy be twice
“Many happy returns of the day”-thrice!
(FIRST letter of each line when read together reads the Title of this poem.
Each line has exactly ten syllables, duly rhymed)
Subbaraman N V's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (*Let the year 2k+11 blossom! by Subbaraman N V )
- What they say!, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Blue, david kush
- A Few Autumn Notes Late October 2014, Daniel Brick
- Ficticious, Nicholas Nikolov
- Love Is Weak, Tony Adah
- Behind the rock of suicide خلف صخرة الان.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The All-knowing God, Dr John Celes
- if i were a day, i'd say, Mandolyn ...
- In bed, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The real moments of truth anytime لحظات .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)