Like a little pot of gold
Kneeling; I pointed out to my child,
Who really as yet doesn't speak?
Look" I said: the sky is wild,
And grey. Look" at its cheek"
Look" deep! The sky has many-a-ray
Many more colors registering,
...With one arm, waving...
He said: eh, err, eh, err, daddy...
He said: eh, err, eh, err, color, daddy...
Like a little pot of gold,
At the end of a rainbow
Wasn't that all... he said?
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Like a little pot of gold by Mark Heathcote )
Did you read them?
- Our World, James coupland
- Moving Pictures, Matthew Thomas Donovan
- When Forgiveness Can't Be Forgiven, Amitava Sur
- Have You Lost Your Human Values?, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Haunted, James coupland
- How Blessed Are Those, Shalom Freedman
- Individual Reasons, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Gentle Laughter, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- PH: Nature: Canoeing the Mississippi #5, Brian Johnston
- Existence Of An Only Time, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)