True love transcends all, it is
The power behind the universe.
Every human will experience it
At some point in their life.
Even species demonstrate
Feelings of love in their own way;
Love they show towards their young,
And when mating for life.
But what is love? Love cannot be tamed?
You cannot bottle love or put it in
A drawer and lock it away. It comes
From deep within the soul and is
Love has two homes, the first home is
With the person who loves and the second
Home is with the recipient. To love and
Be loved is life’s ultimate goal. Life’s
Greatest treasure store.
But we live in a world where love is not
Expressed, where it is hidden from view,
Where hatred exists between people
And an eye for an eye prevails.
We need to give love a chance to thrive.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Love by David Wood )
Did you read them?
- Love Without Ownership (yeah right!), Monk E. Biz
- Fuzzy Fellow, Patrick Czyz
- Feel a human life!, Somanathan Iyer
- Last night, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Erotic Haiku, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Poetry Is Where You Find It IV, Frank Avon
- As major, hasmukh amathalal
- last spring, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Open it happily, hasmukh amathalal
- Footless though, gajanan mishra