Love and Time
tick, tock, tick, tock... stop and look at him tock...
for the keeper of time is a ticking, ticking, ticking...
if he were to stop that would be the end of a clock...
because he would stop a clicking, clicking, clicking...
time and love, the food and drink of the soul,
they are the ones that keep me right and whole,
my love of a girl, and the passing of time,
the only things that hold me to this rhyme,
for without love and time the world wouldn't be the same,
because they are the essence of our name...
Love and Time,
Daimon Ferguson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love and Time by Daimon Ferguson )
- Sonnet: Living in Light, Dr John Celes
- The price of civilization, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Looks matter in affection., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Pain, Robert Lansing
- मन, Aftab Alam
- The sacrifice, Mark Heathcote
- ये कैसा शहर है, Aftab Alam
- कुछ कह नहीं पाता, Aftab Alam
- Jadavpur University Campus A Heaven For .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Friends and foes, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)