Love At The Dagger`s End
You live a widow
Yet I [your huby] do live.
Your guish is therefore to tell
As you might have opined in mind
That I must not live
That I must die.
You have no Suhagan`s sign
No vermillon, no bangals. no marriage bands.
You broke and threw all things of relations
Broke them all and crumbled to pieces
Like innumberable happy worlds did crack.
Yet from the Heights
No voice did break.
Devil whether his works did play
Or You yourself were inclined so?
Inclined to trample and tread upon
To trample merciless a Temple of Love?
I dont know
Nothing do I know
I do just see
You live a widow
Though I live
You live a widow.
I saw my feelings
My world of love
On high piled pyres
That you yourself were putting to fire
Your hands I saw didnt tremble a least
While you let the flames
Crackling feed my shire
To consume my heart
My heart has achings of numbness pains
All bewildered pining bound
My heart and mind strife confound
For should I welcome the gifted pains
Or let the Soul-bird fly anon!
Heart has its broken emotions
Staked so tight to love and affection.
And mind appeals
Your potential freedom-
That my love, whose bonds you shattered-
With all your desires you must be greeted.
Oh! I dont know
What is neigh
Yet all do I feel
My heart stunned.
My heart stunned
To see my Love at dagger`s end.
Vivek Tiwari's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love At The Dagger`s End by Vivek Tiwari )
- In den vreemde, Madrason writer
- SOLVING THE OLD CONUNDRUM THAT ASKS WHIC.., Nicholas Campbell
- Does He Tell Her About Me?, Emma R. Kessler
- Evil's ugly makers, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- LOVE, Nicholas Campbell
- I'm So Lonely, Emma R. Kessler
- THE KING, Nicholas Campbell
- Fair Exchange?, John F. McCullagh
- When I Lost You, Emma R. Kessler
- Sleepyhead, Mark R. Elias
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns