Momma, I Would've Died For You
Momma, I’m so sorry you felt so much pain.
I don’t want to point the blame.
I just feel so a shame.
That you had to end your last days like this, I would’ve died for you.
If only I knew.
But it was out of my control.
As their house went through military patrol,
You’re gone now.
And I don’t know how.
You became so frail.
I wasn’t there to watch you fail.
I would’ve done anything for you. I would’ve died for you.
When I see what you went through it hurts me.
I would’ve tried to protect you.
I didn’t care about what I got.
I already got a lifetime of love.
I couldn’t have asked for more.
You were always there when I walked through the door.
When I would pour my heart out,
You always welcomed me back.
Momma, I’m so sorry that you suffered.
Your sufferings reached me. I would’ve died for you.
I just wanted to see you!
To see you smile again.
To hear your laugh again,
I would’ve done everything for you.
Momma, I would’ve died for you.
I love you, momma!
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Momma, I Would've Died For You by Patricia Kelley )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Past Human Race Historical Track Record, Terence G. Craddock
- Universal Global Condemnation Not Voted, Terence G. Craddock
- That Every Word, Dasia Deas
- State Selected Target Enemies, Terence G. Craddock
- Barbaric Veneer Layered History Of This .., Terence G. Craddock
- An Unreal World, Sandra Feldman
- Indifference Sows Consequences, Terence G. Craddock
- I am Instant, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Shake Loose my Skin, Angela Khristin Brown
- A World of Lies, Hebert Logerie