Momma, I Would've Died For You
Momma, I’m so sorry you felt so much pain.
I don’t want to point the blame.
I just feel so a shame.
That you had to end your last days like this, I would’ve died for you.
If only I knew.
But it was out of my control.
As their house went through military patrol,
You’re gone now.
And I don’t know how.
You became so frail.
I wasn’t there to watch you fail.
I would’ve done anything for you. I would’ve died for you.
When I see what you went through it hurts me.
I would’ve tried to protect you.
I didn’t care about what I got.
I already got a lifetime of love.
I couldn’t have asked for more.
You were always there when I walked through the door.
When I would pour my heart out,
You always welcomed me back.
Momma, I’m so sorry that you suffered.
Your sufferings reached me. I would’ve died for you.
I just wanted to see you!
To see you smile again.
To hear your laugh again,
I would’ve done everything for you.
Momma, I would’ve died for you.
I love you, momma!
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Momma, I Would've Died For You by Patricia Kelley )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- we need a porch and a good sized moon, Mandolyn Davidson
- A TREACHEROUS AGGRESSION AGAINST INNOCEN.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Love Is A Small Word, Lilly Emery
- varicose veins, lee fones
- Manliness Of Man, Naveed Akram
- The Long Goodbye (revised), Barry Jablonski
- I Want NIght To End, Elia Michael
- Transformation And Power Of Love, Lilly Emery
- To Do To..., Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Face Filters, Naveed Akram