Momma, I Would've Died For You
Momma, I’m so sorry you felt so much pain.
I don’t want to point the blame.
I just feel so a shame.
That you had to end your last days like this, I would’ve died for you.
If only I knew.
But it was out of my control.
As their house went through military patrol,
You’re gone now.
And I don’t know how.
You became so frail.
I wasn’t there to watch you fail.
I would’ve done anything for you. I would’ve died for you.
When I see what you went through it hurts me.
I would’ve tried to protect you.
I didn’t care about what I got.
I already got a lifetime of love.
I couldn’t have asked for more.
You were always there when I walked through the door.
When I would pour my heart out,
You always welcomed me back.
Momma, I’m so sorry that you suffered.
Your sufferings reached me. I would’ve died for you.
I just wanted to see you!
To see you smile again.
To hear your laugh again,
I would’ve done everything for you.
Momma, I would’ve died for you.
I love you, momma!
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Momma, I Would've Died For You by Patricia Kelley )
- The Truth, Tony Adah
- National feeling, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Key to my Dreams, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Just want to tell you, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- I really want to be with you, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Moon fever, ramesh rai
- Emotions at the door, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- unpredictable love, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- The Matyr, Tony Adah
- Los Primeros Días del Otoño, Hebert Logerie
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(600 - 670)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)