Momma, I Would've Died For You
Momma, I’m so sorry you felt so much pain.
I don’t want to point the blame.
I just feel so a shame.
That you had to end your last days like this, I would’ve died for you.
If only I knew.
But it was out of my control.
As their house went through military patrol,
You’re gone now.
And I don’t know how.
You became so frail.
I wasn’t there to watch you fail.
I would’ve done anything for you. I would’ve died for you.
When I see what you went through it hurts me.
I would’ve tried to protect you.
I didn’t care about what I got.
I already got a lifetime of love.
I couldn’t have asked for more.
You were always there when I walked through the door.
When I would pour my heart out,
You always welcomed me back.
Momma, I’m so sorry that you suffered.
Your sufferings reached me. I would’ve died for you.
I just wanted to see you!
To see you smile again.
To hear your laugh again,
I would’ve done everything for you.
Momma, I would’ve died for you.
I love you, momma!
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Momma, I Would've Died For You by Patricia Kelley )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- I Cried, Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- Uncle Trevor's Justice to Travis, rohan bendre
- The Second Birth Of Tragedy, Leila Samarrai
- Y/.. A Restfull Mind, Aufie Zophy
- My bodyguard, Rob Spiering
- Green Shades Create a Meaning, Rohit Sapra
- Country Inn, Dr. Yogesh Sharma
- Mysterious guest., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- If You Could, Brian J. Stafford
- Melancholy of a dreamer, Jonathan De Vocht