RoseAnn V. Shawiak
More Treasured Moments
There are far more treasured moments in life than I have
experienced, I have known a very few of which I can remember.
Memoires of holding my little brother's hand as we walked
side by side through the desert, discovering it's gentle
beauty is one.
Another would be climbing to the tops of trees, discovering
whole new worlds among the branches and leaves.
One of security and peace untouched by any other human, a
silent touching of soul to mind, creating a talent, uniquely
Savoring every delicacy brought to light, writing, drawing,
musically sensuous, aware of a natural, unspoiled inner life
hiding in the deepest chambers of my being.
Emotional ties buried in the physical attributes of my body,
unalienated feelings pulsing through the vast network of
arteries and veins.
Off the track somewhat, as old habits die with difficulty,
treasured moments are far and few between.
Quaking memories throw off the rocks of numbness at times,
filtering several moments at times of believing through
to a remembered image.
Life is seen and experienced from very little views and
aspects, and is lived as fully as we think it can be.
Shortened spheres of reality seem so long, a life-time of
Wanting the vestiges of heart-felt love to grow within the
contemplation of it's birth, unseen until the immense
Flowering on levels of eternity, remaining always, little
treasures of infinity, carefully preserved for the moment
we call life.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (More Treasured Moments by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- Let it go - time, gajanan mishra
- Last Act of Penance, Andy Caldwell
- Look At This City, Lenny Orlando Camacho
- (1) I Accept for Now, She Doesn't Love Me, Uriah Hamilton
- Versatility is a unique quality!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Paper slip, hasmukh amathalal
- SHADES OF LOVE, sherif monem
- A Shoulder to Weep, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Help me I am here, Dustin Hardin
- Into your kingdom, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)