My Darling, Dear Poodle
My Darling Dear,
I hope you enjoy,
The fresh crisp air,
With many a plenty toys.
I miss your sweet, loving licks,
Your white, fuzzy, calming coat,
As well as checking your fur for your ticks.
Maybe, where you are, there's a lovely moat.
My darling girl,
I know, how much you love to twirl,
However, what you would do, for just a noodle!
You would do anything for a treat!
So soothing, so intelligent, so smart.
You were, Oh! ever so neat.
You, yourself, is art!
I hope that, where you are,
There are running ponds and streams,
There are plenty of meadows for you to frolic through,
Starry skies for you to sleep under,
And companions to keep you from loneliness.
I hope, that one day, I will be able to see you again.
My darling, I will never forget you.
Wait for me.
Cassandra Jasmine's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (My Darling, Dear Poodle by Cassandra Jasmine )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Jabberwocky, Lewis Carroll
- Dover Beach, Matthew Arnold
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Best Friend (In Hindi), Tavneet Singh
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Old Age, Leong Ming Loong
- Waiting for the Starlight Express, Stephen Brian Brady
- The Fifth Day of Christmas, Mark Hamilton
- No man's land., RAJ VIKRAM
- Kissing, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Romantic Heroine, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Theatre of The Absurd (III), Bijay Kant Dubey
- On My Songs, Luo Zhihai
- There Is A Time When One Forces Oneself .., Shalom Freedman
- Lament to the Full Moon, Geoffrey Fafard