my lost love
I can hardly remember how it started
I can barely recall when I accepted
Your love for her, that day it was diverted
That moment, your sadness, finally ended.
It was one afternoon, maybe late November
Was it one cold morning, in early December?
I can't remember, but the date doesn't matter
The one thing that mattered was your love so utter.
We were together, and it was one hell of a sight
A love so perfect, we never had a serious fight
But in me was a secret, I hid with all my might
I was holding on to my secret, holding on tight.
Our love did not last long, it ended so soon
Yes, it ended, two days after the full moon
That time, I know, I was acting like a poon
I regret all that happened that afternoon.
You're perfect, you're nice, you are my everything
But that time, I had to come up with something
For you, i was willing to do anything
I regret leaving you, for it left nothing.
I left you, still you waited in utmost vain
You hid it, but I know that you are in pain.
I was a fool. I know, I may be insane
To let you go and hope to endure the pain!
You tried to reach me, but my heart I asked to lie
When you asked me, my love for you, I always deny
I never thought you're that weak, my lie you did buy.
I hated you for that, but I did not cry.
Now, I can see you finally moved on
At least you are no longer holding on
I hope you will continue to go on
And pass your love just like a baton.
But wait, before you go, the answer to your question
Yes I did, I did love you, don't make an objection
I really did, there was just an intervention
So I let it go, and ended in a separation.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (my lost love by nijhako dibo )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
Poem of the Day
- Rain, Jordy lustig
- Passion and Risks, UMBELINA FROTA Linhares Pime ..
- Snip!, Lawrence Beck
- Today I learned that I am an orphan - Th.., Dee Jay
- To Glorify Jesus, Tom Zart
- I only scribed dirge but she killed thee.., Sir Toby Moses
- I only scribed a dirge but she killed th.., Sir Toby Moses
- Imitation., Tony Adah
- Stupid Wife, kassem oude
- Suicide Note., Tony Adah