my lost love
I can hardly remember how it started
I can barely recall when I accepted
Your love for her, that day it was diverted
That moment, your sadness, finally ended.
It was one afternoon, maybe late November
Was it one cold morning, in early December?
I can't remember, but the date doesn't matter
The one thing that mattered was your love so utter.
We were together, and it was one hell of a sight
A love so perfect, we never had a serious fight
But in me was a secret, I hid with all my might
I was holding on to my secret, holding on tight.
Our love did not last long, it ended so soon
Yes, it ended, two days after the full moon
That time, I know, I was acting like a poon
I regret all that happened that afternoon.
You're perfect, you're nice, you are my everything
But that time, I had to come up with something
For you, i was willing to do anything
I regret leaving you, for it left nothing.
I left you, still you waited in utmost vain
You hid it, but I know that you are in pain.
I was a fool. I know, I may be insane
To let you go and hope to endure the pain!
You tried to reach me, but my heart I asked to lie
When you asked me, my love for you, I always deny
I never thought you're that weak, my lie you did buy.
I hated you for that, but I did not cry.
Now, I can see you finally moved on
At least you are no longer holding on
I hope you will continue to go on
And pass your love just like a baton.
But wait, before you go, the answer to your question
Yes I did, I did love you, don't make an objection
I really did, there was just an intervention
So I let it go, and ended in a separation.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (my lost love by nijhako dibo )
- How Do You?, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- My religion, gajanan mishra
- Self-centered, Somanathan Iyer
- Human Male, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- strange is the mindset!, Somanathan Iyer
- DREAMS........., Saturday Chikezie Promise
- For My Love, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- On pins and needles, gajanan mishra
- Soul's Poetry, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Images Of Thought, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Prayer Before Birth, Louis Macneice
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(15 April 1958)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)