The greatest mistake I'll never forget
My only downfall that I won't regret
There was once a gamble, my life I bet
To my dream guy, everything I beget.
I foolishly placed my heart over my mind
And I thought our destinies were intertwined
It took me years to realize that I'm blind
Now I am lost, and myself I cannot find.
I did my best just to look unaffected
Faked my smiles so sadness can't be detected
Feelings cannot be easily omitted
Transferrable? No, it can't be diverted.
Moving on, really, is unbelievably hard
For every step, It feels like stepping on a shard
Though it hurts cause loving him is more like a hazard,
I'll love him with all the scattered pieces of my broken heart.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (scattered pieces by nijhako dibo )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Autumn Song, Sarojini Naidu
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- I am a poet, Julie Johnson
- Life of War, Steven Rhoads
- Do It Well, Babatunde Aremu
- So Tired, Frank Lindquist
- BHARAT KE VEER, AVINASH PANDEY KHUSH
- Memories of river., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Life musings., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Record, Holy Man
- observing shells on your shore, Mandolyn ...
- Fly, Holy Man