Reflections of Love
Love- a four letter word I can't seem to understand
the only thing in me that I cannot command
it's living in me, this love that seems so grand
it's still in my heart, though I wanted it to be banned.
Love is like an iris that blooms late in june
You will find it, just wait, cause it will bloom soon
at the darkest moments there it will be just like the moon
You'll see it during the night but never at noon.
Love is complicated, it is a little twisted
Give too much, the balance will be busted
Give less, it will not be appreciated
It is not forced nor kept, it should be emancipated.
It leaves others with an unimaginable pain
If love's not there, surely there's nothing to remain
To some, it is worth waiting even in vain
For me, it has already been written so I can't complain.
Love, I really can't seem to make it real
If I try harder, it will only make me ill
It's the only thing that makes us happy, without the bill
It's also the reason why we have our own free will.
Love is a four letter word that I will never understand.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Reflections of Love by nijhako dibo )
- A little girl's eyes, Cigeng Zhang
- A ship, hasmukh amathalal
- The Daughter of the Earth- 22, gajanan mishra
- The Daughter of the Earth - 21, gajanan mishra
- Self - Raising, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sunshine In Your Eyes, Eleonor Santiago
- Run, run, run and running, gajanan mishra
- Run, run, run, gajanan mishra
- What About Tomorrow, Claude H Oliver II
- My Time, Claude H Oliver II
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)