Reflections of Love
Love- a four letter word I can't seem to understand
the only thing in me that I cannot command
it's living in me, this love that seems so grand
it's still in my heart, though I wanted it to be banned.
Love is like an iris that blooms late in june
You will find it, just wait, cause it will bloom soon
at the darkest moments there it will be just like the moon
You'll see it during the night but never at noon.
Love is complicated, it is a little twisted
Give too much, the balance will be busted
Give less, it will not be appreciated
It is not forced nor kept, it should be emancipated.
It leaves others with an unimaginable pain
If love's not there, surely there's nothing to remain
To some, it is worth waiting even in vain
For me, it has already been written so I can't complain.
Love, I really can't seem to make it real
If I try harder, it will only make me ill
It's the only thing that makes us happy, without the bill
It's also the reason why we have our own free will.
Love is a four letter word that I will never understand.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Reflections of Love by nijhako dibo )
- LIMERICK FRIENDS, Philo Yan
- Wine and Heart, Nassy Fesharaki
- The Sun Doth Shine, Tango Tango
- Alive, Leong Ming Loong
- Poems proclaim, Mark Heathcote
- My Battle Ground, Emily Krauss
- Whatcha Doing, Emily Krauss
- More And More Sheila And Clifford ..... .., Bri Edwards
- Ends, douglas scotney
- To Wait On A Woman, Randy McClave
Poem of the Day
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(22 March 1941 -)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)