......Never Look Like One...
Beyond the tattered window pane,
A gruesome, dominant world lies.
Facing the broken reflection of mine,
In the broken pane I meet my eyes…
Trodden hopes and weakened thighs,
Shoulders down with my soulful cries...
Beyond the visible sneer command on my face
A mournful shattered visage lies….
But must not I reveal my forlorn eyes,
The woman that hides in me in guise,
The world won’t let her to live
Trodden under feet, never to rise….
Am I, too weak to reveal,
Or am I not that strong to conceal,
Do I make you wonder about
The secret I hide under my veil? -
-I hide glitter of my eyes,
the innocence of my face.
My pristine soul,
the unparalleled grace…
…Is it this modesty that the world detests,
Or is my virginity world’s bequest,
Or is it a tribute to the womb that conceives,
& the hand that feeds by the hands that molest?
...You may burn, harass, pester or stun
…But the hands that assault shall be praised by none…….
……. “ Says to me my pessimistic voice,
-Be a woman but never look like one”
Copyright © Yash Shinde 2014
Yash Shinde's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (......Never Look Like One... by Yash Shinde )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Awaiting Universe Claims A Seconds Thought, Terence G. Craddock
- Crying Sun, Bill Cantrell
- Opening Wisdom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- MAN LIVES ONE TIME ON OUR EARTH الانسان .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Touching Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Silent Plains, Brandt Nightingale
- Pull A String, Blushing, Ryan Scales
- Stillness, Brandt Nightingale
- After All, Ryan Scales
- Poet Freak Tide Wave Words, Terence G. Craddock