New Morning, New Light
Oh! Abstract creativity!
All praise and dignity!
I'm merely a dress,
With strain and stress,
Wear me, wear me,
Why don't you see?
I am in darkness,
I need your brightness.
I want to be brightened,
Please make me enlightened
With a silky pious light,
In this moonless night.
So short is the life!
And age is the knife!
I had always been waiting!
In your book my rating!
The new sun so bright,
Making myself a light,
Making me enlightened,
More shining more brightened,
New morning of creation,
With a new generation,
Decorating, the souls in painful distresses,
With colorful dresses,
Shall awake in descendants, confident and sure,
Like a rainbow after rains.
Having remedy and cure,
No pains, no strains.
(Being inspired by Ruma Chaudhry's Bengali poem 'Alor Prokashay')
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (New Morning, New Light by Akhtar Jawad )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Moonlit Night, Tu Fu
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Anthem For Doomed Youth, Wilfred Owen
Poem of the Day
- The three happy man are in the world, no.., Yuri Starostin
- Far away stare, Cee Bea
- N.D.F.B. Lai katna jau, Pankazz koirala Upadhayaya
- Ayandolu, Olufayo Ezekiel
- Unspoiled Love, Sergi Dutronc
- Surrender The Anguish, lingering stupor
- New Year 2015, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Serenity Of Air, lingering stupor
- Lovely flow, hasmukh amathalal
- 'A Peaceful New Year', Sossi Khachadourian