RoseAnn V. Shawiak
No Presence To Confide In
Running fast, passing minutes on the clock, racing faster, moving further away from the source of anger.
Covering up with a piece of calm serenity, keeping up appearances, trying not to expose any inner turmoil, never wanting people to know what I am all about.
Things are slowing down, slowly turning around, twirling emotions into labyrinths of darkness, carrying no lightened hope.
Afraid of nothing, dragging on steps of yesterday's memories.
Stalking away, finding no lasting presence to confide in.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No Presence To Confide In by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(14 December 1895 – 18 November 1952)
(23 June 1889 – 5 March 1966)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- No Dime, olaitan mahmud
- KP You Are Divine To Me, Michael P. McParland
- The Uglier Brother, Kim Barney
- KP I Need You, Michael P. McParland
- Christmas Day Wish, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Know My Love, Michael P. McParland
- Kiss, Michael P. McParland
- Kira My Best Friend, Michael P. McParland
- Love letter, Birat Anupam
- Kira I Truly Do Love You, Michael P. McParland