Abhinit Chute (abz)
Seven thirty in the evening, everything's going great..
When Suddenly strikes a feeling, dominates at a good rate..
All of a sudden the pen is dropped, I bounce fingers on the table!
Like I'm playing computer games with no remote cable!
I'm trying to concentrate on studies, Damn, I couldn't,
I'm just letting the thoughts get the whole of me, I shouldn't!
I'm enjoying games on the screen, playing 'Ae Khuda' on the speaker..
In front is my book, though, I ain't adding stuff in my beaker!
I was in the reading room and as I was looking around..
Everyone's completely under his book, totally bound!
I was the same moments ago, but now it's so tragic,
Everyone's become an idol, I've become nostalgic!
I remember how I used to enjoy with my friends,
Morning through noon to evening, there were no ends..
I was playing Video Games with Gitesh and my bro!
Like I'm revolving my pen like joystick to and fro!
And as I see outside my room I look at the guys having fun..
Harshal you and me were having ride despite burning sun!
And this season of IPL I avoid watching matches on the Screen..
I wanna play cricket, these muggers won't play, I would just scream!
This is so lazy to be continuously straining your eye..
It's so much stress although you are flat on the bed you would lie,
I see my phone too lying empty and lonely beside..
There's no message of Ashwin, Yeah, I verified..
This summer is so bad, I'm missing all the pleasures..
But if I ignore it now, I'm gonna unlock many treasures..
Thinking thus I finally sigh and around have a look..
And I shut the feelings down, I'm again into the book!
Abhinit Chute (abz)'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Nostalgia by Abhinit Chute (abz) )
- Haiku 'Eat', miken newman
- उगा रेत से बालुआ ये शहर (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- Christmas Blackmail, Phil Soar
- Child Inside, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- G.M. Soldier (still fighting that war wi.., michael walkerjohn
- Imagination, Phil Soar
- Halloween tonight, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The Wall @ penn-mar 91732, michael walkerjohn
- Life's Canon, michael walkerjohn
- Platypus, Phil Soar
Poem of the Day
- luggage canada, rwetewrt erwtwer
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(24 October 1923 – 20 December 1997)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)