Erhard Hans Josef Lang
Offered As Taken (On The Wings Of A Prayer)
Wishing for more shares of yours
In times to come in
Your ever self-fulfilling graces and blisses,
I sing a song of success and victory,
And raise my voice sonorous up to You,
You, truly Mysterious Lady,
Pricking me with your lovingly soft touch
So invisibly subtle
While again and again bearing so heavily, as you do, on Time.
Swarty-golden Damsel there in
Your huge black cosmic hole-out.
Once more you made me feel the notion of your greatness,
By a Divine motion in events of yours, Mother of Time!
And you 'even' angled for a Friday the 13th for things to happen,
Making me learn the lesson of
'Don't argue with drunken drivers on superstitious beliefs'!
It might only serve to make
Ill things come true even to yourself
Mingling with the stubborn of the ignorant.
I can see that
Your look-out as a Goddess is one
That surveys the world
Through eyes fixed
Not on the succeeding images of moments, but
You watch everything crosswise athwart the spaces and times,
But we know that you
Do look out of our very own eyes, too, at times,
As well as out of the eyes of many, many others, too,
Whenever you chose to do so.
And thus, you see all things,
Most beautiful Lady of Time,
well exactly all in their very details, too.
Your interacting, as such, always, over time, making for an
Ultimate sense and meaning in our world.
And sometimes I just wonder:
What does that right eye see now in you, as once
Blown out in your worship on a conch-shell blare?
'It is time to have again a goat slaughtered
And have it fed to the poor? '
May only your well-wishing eyes,
Great Cosmic woman of worlds,
Be always set on us, and inspire us perfectly!
Erhard Hans Josef Lang's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Offered As Taken (On The Wings Of A Prayer) by Erhard Hans Josef Lang )
- Roses, Jerusha Melanie
- Circumstances and I, gajanan mishra
- sleep tight in Idaho tonight, Mandolyn ...
- Beauty of the world is ruined, Jerusha Melanie
- Clean and cleanliness, gajanan mishra
- Holding You Tight, Michael McParland
- I'm bored with it all., gulsher JOHN
- A Rich Man, S.R. Riang
- the natural disaster.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Desert Country Ways, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Robert Louis Stevenson
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)