RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Cars riding by the house, as I sit outside and write.
Writing down with pen and paper, ideas and thoughts together,
to make my meaning of life become more real to me.
Reading what I write after being done, I contemplate what I think I want.
It never seems to be the same thing twice, so I continue to sit and write.
One day when it all adds up and seems to make some sense, I'll know that I am finally done and write myself an exit poem, letting it sit upon a shelf to gather dust.
As other poets come along and do the same thing I have done - only writing in their own words - which will be different than my own.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Outside Poetry by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Watch Free [28th] WWE Royal Rumble 2015 .., Noah Hariss
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe