Suman Kumar Das
Roars the cloudy sky to rain
Eagles in nest, lions in den.
All take shelter in fear
Of being wet in muddy water.
Non but the peahen
So bravely comes in plain
Spreading tail over the brain.
Oh! Hear her shrill delight
Among horrible thunder, light.
Always ready to fight
Against every evil sight
Of the dreadful stormy day.
About her non-stop bold play,
No word I find to say.
Suman Kumar Das's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Peahen by Suman Kumar Das )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The One Nobody Wants, Paul Burt
- Beauty Of Another Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Resilience, Skyline's Vermillion Intermi.., Ryan Scales
- strayed desires, Asma Riaz Khan
- Kill me............, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Let me salute you, gajanan mishra
- Life is Beautiful, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Changing Landscapes Of Time, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- should i add this to our Irish stew?, Mandolyn ...
- Reflections, Nero CaroZiv