Pizza in the Lunchroom
'Pizza in the lunchroom'
she said as she walked by
pizza in the lunchroom?
I had to go and try
and no one knew just why
there was pizza in the lunchroom
but I love free pizza pie.
Free pizza in the lunchroom -
I ate a lot, no lie
I didn't have no mo' room
and my stomach cursed my eye
And now that greasy pizza
has stained my only tie
but when there's pizza in the lunchroom
I ain't exactly shy.
Hey, who eatza all of da free pizza?
Yup, I was that guy
But, oohhh, those enticing slicings
are causing me to cry!
I hope my poem reveals
the truth behind the lie
that 'free pizza in the lunchroom'
means some Tums you'll have to buy
Chuck Audette's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Pizza in the Lunchroom by Chuck Audette )
- Washing Upon The Shore, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- You Will Not Die, Paul Sebastian
- the world the flesh and the devill, ademola oluwabusayo
- If This Were My Last Moment, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Just the Right Madness: A Found Poem, Frank Avon
- COPLA 111 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Nature's Sanctuary, Khairul Ahsan
- Gray Tears, herbert guitang
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.49, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.48, Monk E. Biz
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)