Let`s verse and rhyme
Words and phrases enough sublime,
That could ignite passions and stir emotions,
Something new and novel
From hearts pure and loyal
Will enlighten all the minds obscure,
And could turn a smile oblique into a gentle speak,
And embark the scared humanity
Into a state of peace and serenity,
Let`s pen melodies those O Mighty souls!
That could lead
The air of pathetic pride and prejudice
To a solemn pardon and indemnity,
Let defile those
Who, In the name of Race, Region and Religion
Blurred and barred the mortal`s vision.
Let`s invite again the heavenly Muses
And confess our incompetence and excuses,
Let it be sure
Only poetry enlightens all the minds obscure,
And will soothe and harness
Our lust and instincts morbid,
And will constrain the Satan's claim
That veiled humanity in shame
Poetry is that holy domain.
Gulsher john's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
just trying to focus here on the purpose of poetry.....
Readers are invited to read 'slum lines ' as well.
All suggestions and discussions regarding 'poetry and poetic Art' are welcomed.
Comments about this poem (Poetry by Gulsher john )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- parental guidance unfin, lee fones
- Missing of the Birds, Michael Lee Johnson
- Schizophrenia Night, Michael Lee Johnson
- late night vision, Gulsher john
- Rod-Strokes Survival, With a Deadly Hamm.., Michael Lee Johnson
- Kissing The Egg Shells of Dead Babies, A.j. Binash
- Shiv and Shakti, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love Is War, Justin Molebatsi
- Shut Up You Drug Addict (Clean Version), Paula Glynn
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -50, Ronjoy Brahma