Let`s verse and rhyme
Words and phrases enough sublime,
That could ignite passions and stir emotions,
Something new and novel
From hearts pure and loyal
Will enlighten all the minds obscure,
And could turn a smile oblique into a gentle speak,
And embark the scared humanity
Into a state of peace and serenity,
Let`s pen melodies those O Mighty souls!
That could lead
The air of pathetic pride and prejudice
To a solemn pardon and indemnity,
Let defile those
Who, In the name of Race, Region and Religion
Blurred and barred the mortal`s vision.
Let`s invite again the heavenly Muses
And confess our incompetence and excuses,
Let it be sure
Only poetry enlightens all the minds obscure,
And will soothe and harness
Our lust and instincts morbid,
And will constrain the Satan's claim
That veiled humanity in shame
Poetry is that holy domain.
gulsher JOHN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
just trying to focus here on the purpose of poetry.....
Readers are invited to read 'slum lines ' as well.
All suggestions and discussions regarding 'poetry and poetic Art' are welcomed.
Comments about this poem (Poetry by gulsher JOHN )
Did you read them?
- Awakening, Dipankar Sadhukhan
- Ours, Neela Nath
- Abstinence, Angela K Brown
- It Makes You Sad, mary douglas
- Let light be, hasmukh amathalal
- People of the Fourth World, Dipankar Sadhukhan
- Rising Evil, SREEJITH KULAPARAMBIL
- Orphan, Dipankar Sadhukhan
- Verbum Caro, Translation of Pierre Emman.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- ''Heartbeat'', Patricia Grantham
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(15 April 1958)