Sanity or Insanity
Is this sanity or insanity
To wish a death in obscurity?
Death that might bring calm and ease
As my life deserted by joys and peace.
Life that seems in a solemn attire
But for me all her charm and glory
Busted and melted in despair.
Once for me it was a lily in bloom
Like a rainbow and floating clouds
Nothing but a sweet Nature's boon,
And dawned my morn with glistening dews
And glamoured each Eve with Venus` view.
Ah! But now all these engulfed in gloom,
An insignificant soul I turned to be
Wrinkled and freckled,
Gripped by pangs and pains.
Hard to bear this jealousy and hate anymore,
Come O peaceful death and cease my wailing breaths.
Now for me;
The union of joy and pain,
Sorrows and shame,
Love and lust,
Caring and fear
Cheers and tears
Pride and prejudice
All meaningless, all senseless.
gulsher JOHN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Sanity or Insanity by gulsher JOHN )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Man dangles without woman., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Religion is a recreation., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- I have got my body, gajanan mishra
- Many Types of Pain, Christina Seyoum
- Good things, hasmukh amathalal
- I failed to understand this world, gajanan mishra
- Now I am Mr. Delight, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The 7 Signs of The Holy Night...(In Haik.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- The Day After Chris+mas...(A 10 Word Acr.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- So encouraging, hasmukh amathalal