Sanity or Insanity
Is this sanity or insanity
To wish a death in obscurity?
Death that might bring calm and ease
As my life deserted by joys and peace.
Life that seems in a solemn attire
But for me all her charm and glory
Busted and melted in despair.
Once for me it was a lily in bloom
Like a rainbow and floating clouds
Nothing but a sweet Nature's boon,
And dawned my morn with glistening dews
And glamoured each Eve with Venus` view.
Ah! But now all these engulfed in gloom,
An insignificant soul I turned to be
Wrinkled and freckled,
Gripped by pangs and pains.
Hard to bear this jealousy and hate anymore,
Come O peaceful death and cease my wailing breaths.
Now for me;
The union of joy and pain,
Sorrows and shame,
Love and lust,
Caring and fear
Cheers and tears
Pride and prejudice
All meaningless, all senseless.
Gulsher john's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Sanity or Insanity by Gulsher john )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Speak up Luciana Berger MP, Barney Rooney
- Is this why Kurdistan?, Nassy Fesharaki
- A Filthy Creature, Shemsi Elsani
- Hear The Rain Typing, Kyle Schlicher
- 12 Hour Ceasefire, Not Here
- An english Or American Beauty Want I For.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Cancer, Nassy Fesharaki
- Choosing The China Pattern For The Weddi.., mary douglas
- Bending lies into your truth, Leylek D. Sovura
- Chaos on 11-12-2007, Kyle Schlicher