Alessandra Liverani (Wollongong, Australia)
Power Of The Mind
Is your mind a despotic tyrant?
Who brutally pushes you around
Does it order you to smoke cigarettes
Hound you, forever hound
Does it tell you incessantly that you need them
When it's patently obvious you do not
Does it briefly reward you when you listen?
Only rarely, just to keep you on the spot
Has your mind become a traitor?
Living dangerously inside you
Has it become a loose cannon?
Which to you is no longer true
Poet Other Poems
- - Jiving in the Jungle : : Humour
- - Cama Cama Cama Cama Cama Not a Lion::...
- - In The Garden: : Humour
- - Item Six, A Bag Of Nothing: : Humour
- - Lemon Pepper Sauce: : Humour
- - A Storm In A Teacup: : Humour
- - Am I a Spoodle: : Humour
- - Blind Fear: : Humour, Inspiration
- - Brassed Off: : Humour
- - Bronwyn's Birthday: : Humour
- - Buying Lunch: : Humour
- - Changing The Daily Backup Tapes: : Hum...
- - Dining In Style: : Humour
- - Disobedient Disobedience (Parody of Di...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.