Puzzled, I am
By the tepid response
Of those on whom I depended.
Must I walk alone this moonlit path
Stubbing my toes on crooked roots
Dislodging pebbles which signal my lonely passage?
Who guesses my destination
And waits my arrival? What angels watch,
While offering, like fitful stars,
Provision against these shadows,
Solace for my human faults?
And if my billy is empty
Yet still, I limber my sinews,
Contrive a liquid song to match my steps.
Tomorrow shall know my name - this I promise.
As for those who have failed me
As I in my life let others down - don't worry.
We each have opportunities
To offer familiar travelers food and lodging
But let those false-faced ones be sure
I read their names along this route - am not deluded.
Brian Purdy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Puzzled by Brian Purdy )
- f' my life i hate this place, shannon strauss
- Pulmonary Hypertension, Strydar Enox
- Depths Unknown, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- English ‘hope', douglas scotney
- Looking for a new land, gajanan mishra
- Let Vishwakarma Be With, The Divine Mast.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- TWIRLING WANDS, shannon strauss
- Same As My Heart, Rose Lu ( Bing Hua )
- You are the Best!, Rachel Nichols
- Close not, gajanan mishra