R.Rozhdestvensky, There lives a town... - transl. (rus.)
The town of childhood
By Robert Rozhdestvensky
There lives a town, light as a dream,
Covered with mud which flows like a stream.
Water in river just looks like a glass.
There is the town where we feel so far -
Our childhood forever there had passed.
One night from house I shall hurry on
To railway station to buy a ticket form.
May it would be once in million years:
'Please, give me ticket to chilhood, whereas...'
And the cashier tells me: 'Tickets no.'
What could I answer for these words, my friend?
Where can I find other way to child's land?
May be the only and righteous way -
Is recollection in mind for today.
Fairies live here, playing with winds.
We fly together to the glorious dreams...
Pine-trees - to heaven, and houses - to sun -
Generous world, that suggested that for us.
And softly Winter with cold and snow passed...
This distant song grew weak for today,
Cosy city - thank you for this play.
We wouldn't come, don't try to expect.
We've grown elder and like the other ways.
Please, just forgive us. Entrust us. Farewell.
The popular lyrical song
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (R.Rozhdestvensky, There lives a town... - transl. (rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
- Oracle, Naveed Khalid
- Stand high, hasmukh amathalal
- Amidst the stones, Roann Mendriq
- Rainbow Of Life, david kush
- CRYSTAL WATER, Prince Lartey
- Beholden, Eleonor Santiago
- Faith and hope, gajanan mishra
- You're, Angela Wybrow
- HE touched and the life bloomed, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Different colors, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Robert Louis Stevenson
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)