My kitties have two scratchy posts
Yet don’t seem to ever use them.
They prefer to rip and tear at things in the house
And really do abuse them.
I opened up my curtains
To only find them shred!
I was so mad at them kitties
I wanted to shoot them dead!
So I took them both to the Vets
And asked him to do me a favor.
“Please remove the claws from these feline brats
Because of their bad behavior.”
He said; ” no problem Miss, I’ll be glad to do just that.”
But when I turned around to leave.
One Kitty was clinging to my back!
And the other one was on my sleeve.
They promised to be good you see
In their kitty kind of way.
And if spared their fate ahead
They wouldn’t my curtains and sofa fray.
So now my kitties have discovered
How great it is to use.
Those scratchy post I bought them
Now my things the Kitties don’t choose to abuse.
Linda Winchell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Scratchy Post' by Linda Winchell )
- Branches Reaching, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- WHY, ala rhmn
- Pabsdorf's Regnen: Dawn of the Summer, Dozie Wogu
- Pabsdorf's Regnen, Dozie Wogu
- Herr! Herr! ! She knows Little, Dozie Wogu
- Herr Herr, Dozie Wogu
- Weinen Nicht: Cry of a Mother, Dozie Wogu
- Reality: Warum Nicht, Dozie Wogu
- Magnificent Darkness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Clock Is Ticking, Kyle Schlicher
Poem of the Day
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- When Spring Goes By, Duncan Campbell Scott
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)