My kitties have two scratchy posts
Yet don’t seem to ever use them.
They prefer to rip and tear at things in the house
And really do abuse them.
I opened up my curtains
To only find them shred!
I was so mad at them kitties
I wanted to shoot them dead!
So I took them both to the Vets
And asked him to do me a favor.
“Please remove the claws from these feline brats
Because of their bad behavior.”
He said; ” no problem Miss, I’ll be glad to do just that.”
But when I turned around to leave.
One Kitty was clinging to my back!
And the other one was on my sleeve.
They promised to be good you see
In their kitty kind of way.
And if spared their fate ahead
They wouldn’t my curtains and sofa fray.
So now my kitties have discovered
How great it is to use.
Those scratchy post I bought them
Now my things the Kitties don’t choose to abuse.
Linda Winchell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Scratchy Post' by Linda Winchell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- In A Bad Shape, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Fragrance Of Knowledge, Edward Kofi Louis
- When you look at me, The Princess
- Regularly, Edward Kofi Louis
- Abominable, Edward Kofi Louis
- Kicking The Down And Out, Terence G. Craddock
- Wau Bulan Wau Bintang, Ismim Putera
- A Planet Of The Step-Mother, Muhammad Shanazar
- A Message Of Peace, Muhammad Shanazar
- Innocence, Muhammad Shanazar