Tests, exams, quizzes, assessments!
Such a delightful, tasty little thing.
Essays, papers, problems, textbooks;
Such sweet treats are fit for a king.
Historical texts, resources, and myths;
I gobble up nonstop; full of delight.
Encyclopedias, biographies, ancient folklore,
I shall devour them, all through the night.
Research papers, essays, letters, narratives,
I compose them with vigor, embracing them an old friend.
Algebra, calculus, and math in general;
Hours and hours I'm willing to spend.
There is something I forgot, though.
And that, I'll tell you now.
Just sit tight and huddle under the light.
What I forgot is saying 'Good night'.
Cassandra Jasmine's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Semester's Delight by Cassandra Jasmine )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Washing Machine, Abhinit Chute (abz)
- A Teenager's Wish, Praveen Gola
- A Little Shiver, Barton Sutter
- Raat ke andhere me, Aftab Alam
- I lost my game, Praveen Gola
- Devil's cry, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- An illegitimate legend, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Happiness, Praveen Gola
- WORDS PLAY, Satish Verma
- Little Fishermen, Edgar Albert Guest