Tests, exams, quizzes, assessments!
Such a delightful, tasty little thing.
Essays, papers, problems, textbooks;
Such sweet treats are fit for a king.
Historical texts, resources, and myths;
I gobble up nonstop; full of delight.
Encyclopedias, biographies, ancient folklore,
I shall devour them, all through the night.
Research papers, essays, letters, narratives,
I compose them with vigor, embracing them an old friend.
Algebra, calculus, and math in general;
Hours and hours I'm willing to spend.
There is something I forgot, though.
And that, I'll tell you now.
Just sit tight and huddle under the light.
What I forgot is saying 'Good night'.
Cassandra Jasmine's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Semester's Delight by Cassandra Jasmine )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
James Russell Lowell
(22 February 1819 – 12 August 1891)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Alone, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- To Bed! To Bed!, David Lewis Paget
- Lie, Sydney Bramer
- Christmas Holiday Thanks, louis rams
- Worthless, Sydney Bramer
- Wishing..., Almedia Knight Oliver
- I Do Love, michael walkerjohn
- My Pretty Baby, Vera Sidhwa
- Christmas Holiday Guest, louis rams
- Pretty Baby, Vera Sidhwa
- I Thought of You Today, Vera Sidhwa